A Kitchen Remodel on a Budget
Are tired cabinets weighing you down? Do you still have avocado green kitchen appliances? Yes, those still exist. No, they aren’t in a museum. Circa 1970s suburban homes across the country still have the remnants of the TV dinner era.
Despite what you may think, you can have a steak-dinner kitchen for the cost of a TV-dinner one when you keep your budget in check. The team at Handyman Professionals has remodeled hundreds of kitchens and we are experts at getting the biggest bang for your buck. With that in mind, let our tips for a budget-friendly kitchen makeover be your guide.
- If your cabinets are in good shape, a coat of paint may be all they need to bring them back to life. However, painting cabinets isn’t a DIY job. The proper materials need to be used to ensure the best finish and to avoid a sticky film in the years to come. Bright white paint can do wonders for outdated cabinet designs.
- Pick one or two statement pieces and splurge. This is usually the kitchen countertops. Inquire about remnant stone pieces to help keep costs down.
- A tile backsplash can add a lot of punch and take you from drab to fab on a budget.
- New light fixtures create an inexpensive way to update your space. Under-cabinet lighting can give your kitchen a wow factor without the wow budget.
- Don’t ignore the scratch-and-dent appliance section of your home improvement store. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a $3,000 refrigerator with a tiny nick for a greatly reduced price!
Do you want to know what other tricks Handyman Professionals has up our sleeves? Request a consultation to discuss your kitchen remodel